What is KYC?
Know Your Customer, alternatively known as know your client or simply KYC, is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing their suitability, along with the potential risks of illegal intentions towards the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations that govern these activities.
Why am I being asked to pass KYC?
Your exchange was marked as suspicious by our automated risk-control system. It takes many factors into account before stopping an exchange, which we cannot disclose so as to avoid potential scammers abusing the system.
If your exchange was stopped, it does not mean we consider your transaction fraudulent. We rely on this system to help us protect our clients and their funds from illegal activities and we highly appreciate your cooperation.
What do I need to do?
- Take a selfie in which you’re holding a piece of paper with “ChangeNOW” and the current date written on it.
- Obtain a scan or a photo of your passport or another ID valid in your country.
- Take a screenshot that proves the funds were sent by you (for example, your wallet or exchange account that shows the outgoing hash).
- Submit these documents and the ID of your exchange to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I refuse to pass KYC?
You always have the option to refuse. In such cases, we issue a refund to your initial address as soon as possible.
What are the benefits of passing KYC?
- We will be able to proceed with your exchange or to issue a refund to any address you choose.
- You will not have to pass KYC again!
If your exchange is ever stopped after you’ve already passed KYC, please submit the hash of your payout or refund to our support team and we will proceed ASAP.
To ensure that you are never asked for additional verification, please consider obtaining an account at our Premium Lounge.
If the information on this page does not answer your question, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team (email@example.com). We are available 24\7!